February 13, 2005

Divvying up research questions

I made a first attempt at subdividing my questions. I am not yet happy with the result, but I'll keep working on it. Here's what I've come up with so far:

1. How much environmental value can be created by the introduction of PAYD vehicle insurance in the Netherlands?

This question can be divided in the following subquestions:

- What is the role of (car-)traffic emission, congestion and damage-repair and wreck-dumping of total-loss damaged cars in current total pollution in the Netherlands?
- What is the expected reduction in emission of polluting agents when PAYD is introduced?


2. How much corporate value (ie, business opportunities for individual vehicle insurance companies) can be created by the introduction of PAYD by individual dutch insurance companies?

This question can be divided in the following subquestions:

- What reasons can individual insurance companies have to introduce PAYD?
- What implementation barriers exist?

3. Should the government help create circumstances in which insurance companies and/or consumers stand to gain more from PAYD insurance?

This question can be divided into the following subquestions:

- To what extent can PAYD help achieve public policy goals?
- Is facilitating PAYD a cost-effective governmental policy option?

In my next contribution I will try to further detail these questions. Right now I am in doubt as to keep or ditch the third question.

Christof

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home